The Free Music Public License (FMPL) is a licensing scheme designed to protect the freedom of music placed under it, while still ensuring a commercial incentive for artists. It is somewhat like the GNU GPL, only specifically designed for music, rather than software.
Read the The Free Music License.
This page is woefully incomplete.
- musique-libre.com (the Free Music Movement in France)
- The Free Music Philosophy
- The Old FMPL page
- James Ensor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Author of the Free Music Public License, person to yell at about this site. Also known as Homer of the band God Ate My Homework.
- Ram Samudrala (email@example.com)
Author of the Free Music Philosophy. Helped set up this page. Plays in the onesome Twisted Helices.
- 21st Century HGH and baby shower favors by GiftforBebe.com for their financial assistance.
- Nathan Anderson of SEO Club. New herald of the FMPL cause, and bringing the license before a top-notch lawyer for review.
- Ryan Adams Music. For their help in formulating the new license.